FAITH, REPENTANCE, AND SALVATION OF A TRUE CHRISTIAN:
- True Christians have, by GOD’s Grace, genuinely repented of their sins, through faith, believe in the SON of GOD, the LORD Jesus Christ as the only Savior, genuinely obey, surrender their lives and will to the LORD, and continuously pray for the filling, Awisdom, knowledge and understanding of the Holy Spirit to control them daily
- True Christians know that because they believe in the LORD Jesus Christ’s Substitutionary Death on Calvary’s Cross, they have Eternal Salvation and the penalty for their past, current, and future sins have been completely paid for through that redemption, they do not deliberately continue in sin
- True Christians know that because they are justified by faith through the Grace of GOD, and sanctified by the Precious Blood of the Lamb, they strive to bear fruit as evidence of their love for Christ
- True Christians do not give only intellectual assent to hearing the WORD of GOD at church for decades, but upon the Holy Spirit’s conviction of sin and the danger of spending eternity in the lake of fire, immediately surrender their lives to Christ for the new birth, and publicly declare their faith to the LORD Jesus and to the world through immersion in water baptism
- True Christians mourn over their past sins, for the sins of the world, and for the unconverted sinners who have not yet received Christ as their Savior
- True Christians immediately repent, run to the Throne of Grace for mercy, and ask the LORD for forgiveness when the Holy Spirit convicts them of sin
- True Christians remind themselves of GOD’s WORD that contrary to popular belief, not all “Christians” are going to Heaven:
Matthew 22:14: “For many are called, but few are chosen.”
- True Christians know that while they are under GOD’s Amazing Grace and not under Law, they must obey the LAWS of Christ, which are revealed in the Gospels and in the Epistles
- True Christians believe that Man’s chief end is to glorify GOD and to enjoy Him forever[i] (from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts on the Center for Reformed Theology and Apologetics’ (CRTA) website: http://www.reformed.org/documents/wlc_w_proofs/index.html?mainframe=/documents/wlc_w_proofs/index_wlc_fs.html&main=/documents/wlc_w_proofs/WLC_Intro.html)
- True Christians believe that the WORD of GOD, which is contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, is the only rule to direct them on how they may glorify and enjoy GOD[ii] (from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts)
- True Christians believe that GOD is a Spirit, Infinite, Eternal, and unchangeable, and in His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth[iii] (from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts)
- True Christians believe that GOD’s works of providence are His most holy, wise, and powerful preserving and governing all His creatures and all their actions[iv] (from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts)
- True Christians believe that the effectual calling is the work of GOD’s Holy Spirit, whereby convincing us of our sin and misery, enlightening our minds in the knowledge of our LORD Jesus, and renewing our wills, He doth persuade and enable us to embrace Jesus Christ, freely offered to us in the Gospel[v] (from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts)
- True Christians believe that the Spirit of GOD makes the reading, and especially the preaching, of the WORD, an effectual means of convincing and converting sinners, and of building them up in holiness and comfort, through faith, unto salvation[vi] (from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts)
- True Christians believe that Justification is an act of GOD’s free Grace, wherein He pardons all our sins, and accepts us as righteous in His sight, only for the righteousness of Christ imputed to us, and received by faith alone[vii] (from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts)
- True Christians believe that adoption is an act of GOD’s free grace, whereby we are received into the number, and have a right to all the privileges, of the sons of GOD[viii] (from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts)
- True Christians believe that the benefits which in this life do accompany or flow from justification, adoption, and sanctification, are, assurance of GOD’s love, peace of conscience, joy in the Holy Ghost, increase of grace, and perseverance therein to the end[ix] (from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts)
- True Christians know that the souls of believers are at their death made perfect in holiness and do immediately pass into glory; and their bodies, being still united to Christ, do rest in their graves till the resurrection[x] (from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts)
- True Christians believe that at the resurrection, believers, being raised up in glory, shall be openly acknowledged and acquitted in the Day of Judgment and made perfectly blessed in the full enjoying of GOD to all eternity[xi] (from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts)
- True Christians know that every sin deserves GOD’s wrath and curse, both in this life, and that which is to come[xii] (from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts)
- True Christians believe that Faith in Jesus Christ is a saving grace whereby we receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered to us in the Gospel[xiii](from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts)
- True Christians believe that baptism is not to be administered to any that are out of the visible church until they profess their faith in the LORD Jesus Christ and obedience to Him[xiv] (from the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts)
- True Christians recognize the fact that an unconverted and unbaptized church goer is as much a sinner as a lost and unregenerate sinner outside the church. They both need GOD’s salvation
- True Christians hold on to the faith principle of trusting GOD to deliver them out of every difficult situation as the three Hebrew teenagers–Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah–who faithfully stood their ground in spite of imminent death
OBEDIENCE OF A TRUE CHRISTIAN
- True Christians are peacemakers because their Senior Brother and LORD was a Man of Peace Who carried no placards, but spent time in prayers on His knees:
Proverbs 10:12: “Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all sins.”
Romans 12:19-21: Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good
- True Christians persevere when persecuted for righteousness’ sake because their LORD will reward them in Heaven with the crown of life
- True Christians seek to be the salt and light of the world so the unconverted can see the Light that Christ gives to those who run to the Savior
- True Christians willingly engage in any work that glorifies the LORD Jesus at home and work
- True Christians strive to walk in the Narrow Way that leads to the Strait Gate as Christ admonished.
Matthew 7:13,14: “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”
Luke 13:23,24: Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?” And He said to them, “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.”
- True Christians’ strive to have a positive outlook about life because they know that the GOD, who takes care of sparrows, ants, and flowers, will also care for them:
Luke 12:22-31: Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith? “And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.”
- True Christians discriminate on things to determine whether or not they are Scriptural before doing them
Psalm 119:9-11: How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.
- True Christians fear GOD and know that the importance of obeying the laws of Christ, because Hebrews 10:31 says: “it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living GOD.”
- True Christians know that Proverbs 1:7 warns us that: “the fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”
- True Christians know that no human being can represent the spirituality of the LORD Jesus Christ on earth. Therefore, they do not make any image to represent our Almighty GOD, our LORD Jesus, His Holy Spirit, or Angels in movies and TV:
Exodus 20:4: “You shall not make for yourself a carved image–any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.”
- True Christians know that although the redemption of the world was atoned for by our blessed LORD Jesus on Calvary’s cross (tree), we do not worship the cross
- True Christians do not carry a cross with the supposedly carved image of our LORD Jesus on it around their necks, ears, or in their homes and churches; it is idolatry and sin
- True Christians know that because our Savior Jesus did not remain on the cross for the past 2,000 plus years after His death, it is a curse and sin to continue to display supposedly Christ in that cursed state:
Deuteronomy 21:23: His body shall not remain overnight on the tree, but you shall surely bury him that day, so that you do not defile the land which the LORD your GOD is giving you as an inheritance; for he who is hanged is accursed of GOD.
John 19:31: Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
- True Christians do not paint, color, or hang pictures supposedly of the LORD Jesus in their churches/rooms/stores, etc. Selling the supposedly photos of the LORD is ungodly:
Deuteronomy 4:15,16: Take careful heed to yourselves, for you saw no form when the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire, lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure: the likeness of male or female.
- True Christians do not need to use printed pictures of the LORD in Bibles to teach children GOD’s WORD because in
John 20:29, emphasis added “Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
- True Christians agree and the Holy Spirit bears testimony that the Gospel of Christ is not based upon seeing, but on BELIEVING the WORD of GOD, emphasis added):
John 20:29, emphasis added “Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
- True Christians recognize the symbol of the dove in the Gospels, but the Holy Spirit is NOT a dove:
John 1:32: And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him.”
Deuteronomy 4:15-19: “Take careful heed to yourselves, for you saw no form when the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire, lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure: the likeness of male or female.”
- True Christians remember that in spite of the universal use of the word on children, men and women for their accomplishments, GOD hates the word “proud.”
Psalm 31:23: Oh, love the LORD, all you His saints! For the LORD preserves the faithful, and fully repays the proud person.
Proverbs 6:17: A proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood.
James 4:6: But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
Romans 1:30: Backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents.
2 Timothy 3:2: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy.
HOLINESS OF A TRUE CHRISTIAN
- True Christians who have been regenerated strive for holiness, because those who desire to see GOD must be holy through the Power of the Holy Spirit:
Leviticus 19:2: “Speak to all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘You shall be holy, for I the LORD your God am holy.’”
Psalm 15:1,2: LORD, who may abide in Your tabernacle? Who may dwell in Your holy hill? He who walks uprightly, and works righteousness, and speaks the truth in his heart.
1 John 3:3: And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
Hebrews 12:14: Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.
- True Christians spiritually hunger and thirst after righteousness:
Matthew 5:6: Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.
- True Christians practice sexual abstinence until they are lawfully married:
Hebrews 13:4: “Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers GOD will judge.”
- True Christians honor the marriage bed with only their spouses
- True Christians encourage GOD’s institution of marriage of one man and one woman and pray for GOD to heal abominable lifestyles: sodomites, gays, lesbians and homosexual that GOD has condemned:
Genesis 2:24: Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
Matthew 19:4,5: And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’”?
1 Corinthians 6:9,10: Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
Revelation 22:15: But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
- True Christians do not engage in harlotry because GOD hates immorality:
1 Corinthians 6:16: Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.”
- True Christians do not live together in sin as boyfriends and girlfriends whether or not they have children. Such people must immediately repent of the fornication, confess their sins GOD and make immediate arrangements to be married:
1 Corinthians 6:18-20: Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
- True Christians neither smoke cigarette or tobacco nor drink alcohol as the Holy Spirit dwells in them:
1 Corinthians 6:19: “Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from GOD, and you are not your own?”
- True Christians believe that the life of a human begins at conception and preserve life according to GOD:
Genesis 9:5,6: “Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man’s brother I will require the life of man. Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed; for in the image of GOD He made man.”
- True Christians watch programs that glorify GOD the Father, GOD the SON, and GOD the Holy Spirit
- True Christians feed their eyes with GOD’s WORD, their ears with inspiring Biblical Psalms, Hymns, Prophesies, and their soul with the LORD’s Eternal Salvation
- True Christians dedicate their souls, lives, and bodies from the crown of their heads to the sole of their feet in absolute obedience to the LORD
- True Christian women who are in pursuit of holiness in the heart, spirit, and body do not wear high heel and stiletto shoes as women in the entertainment world:
Isaiah 3:16-22: Moreover the LORD says: “Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with outstretched necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, making a jingling with their feet. Therefore the Lord will strike with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the LORD will uncover their secret parts.” In that day the Lord will take away the finery: the jingling anklets, the scarves, and the crescents; the pendants, the bracelets, and the veils; the headdresses, the leg ornaments, and the headbands; the perfume boxes, the charms, and the rings; the nose jewels, the festal apparel, and the mantles; the outer garments, the purses.
2 Corinthians 7:1: Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
- True Christians reverently invoke the Names of the Almighty Father and GOD, the Almighty SON and LORD Jesus Christ, and Almighty Holy Spirit.
- True Christians who partake of the Holy Communion must first examine their lives [for spiritual compliance to GOD’s WORD] lest they dishonor the LORD:
1 Corinthians 11:27-31: Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.
WORSHIP OF A TRUE CHRISTIAN
- True Christians do not approach the Holy GOD to worship Him or partake of the Holy Communion until they have reconciled to their brother, sister, father, mother, friend, co-worker, pastor, etc., in obedience to the LORD’s Commandment:
Matthew 5:24,25: Leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.
- True Christians attend church services regularly, fellowship with other believers, and study their Bibles daily:
Hebrews 10:25: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
- True Christians kneel down in reverence to pray at church, home, or wherever it becomes necessary for them to pray as our LORD, His disciples, and as the Apostle Paul knelt down to pray on the shore:
2 Chronicles 6:13: (For Solomon had made a bronze platform five cubits long, five cubits wide, and three cubits high, and had set it in the midst of the court; and he stood on it, knelt down on his knees before all the assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands toward heaven).
Daniel 6:10: Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days.
Luke 22:41: And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and prayed.
Acts 9:40: But Peter put them all out, and knelt down and prayed. And turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.
Acts 20:36: And when he had said these things, he knelt down and prayed with them all.
Acts 21:5: When we had come to the end of those days, we departed and went on our way; and they all accompanied us, with wives and children, till we were out of the city. And we knelt down on the shore and prayed.
- True Christians occasionally afflict their souls (fast) when they need to grow spiritually; need spiritual and physical protection and deliverance: from work and church-related persecutions, victory, and deliverance from local, state or federal government edicts or laws that become a national crisis against their Christian principles:
Matthew 17:19-21: Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?” So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”
Matthew 4:1-4: Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry. Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.” But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”
Isaiah 58: “Cry aloud, spare not; lift up your voice like a trumpet; tell My people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins. Yet they seek Me daily, and delight to know My ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and did not forsake the ordinance of their God. They ask of Me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching God. ‘Why have we fasted,’ they say, ‘and You have not seen? Why have we afflicted our souls, and You take no notice?’ “In fact, in the day of your fast you find pleasure, and exploit all your laborers. Indeed you fast for strife and debate, and to strike with the fist of wickedness.
You will not fast as you do this day, to make your voice heard on high. Is it a fast that I have chosen, a day for a man to afflict his soul? Is it to bow down his head like a bulrush, and to spread out sackcloth and ashes? Would you call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD? “Is this not the fast that I have chosen: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, and that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; when you see the naked, that you cover him, and not hide yourself from your own flesh?
Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’ “If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, if you extend your soul to the hungry and satisfy the afflicted soul, then your light shall dawn in the darkness, and your darkness shall be as the noonday.
The LORD will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. Those from among you shall build the old waste places; you shall raise up the foundations of many generations; and you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, the Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.
“If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on My holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy day of the LORD honorable, and shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words, then you shall delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father. The mouth of the LORD has spoken.”
Isaiah 65:24: “It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.”
Psalm 50:15: Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.”
2 Chronicles 20:2-4: Then some came and told Jehoshaphat, saying, “A great multitude is coming against you from beyond the sea, from Syria; and they are in Hazazon Tamar” (which is En Gedi). And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. So Judah gathered together to ask help from the LORD; and from all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD.
1 Kings 21:27: So it was, when Ahab heard those words, that he tore his clothes and put sackcloth on his body, and fasted and lay in sackcloth, and went about mourning.
Esther 4:15-17: Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai: “Go, gather all the Jews who are present in Shushan, and fast for me; neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will fast likewise. And so I will go to the king, which is against the law; and if I perish, I perish!” So Mordecai went his way and did according to all that Esther commanded him.
Daniel 10:2,3: In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.
- True Christians also fast in times of peace and prosperity out of love for Christ to remind themselves that their successes were as a result of GOD’s Grace and Mercy.
- True Christians fast before they engage in any ministerial, discipleship, fellowship, or evangelizing missions so the Holy Spirit will grant them success. Leviticus 16:29-32: “This shall be a statute forever for you: In the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, you shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether a native of your own country or a stranger who dwells among you. For on that day the priest shall make atonement for you, to cleanse you, that you may be clean from all your sins before the LORD. It is a sabbath of solemn rest for you, and you shall afflict your souls. It is a statute forever. And the priest, who is anointed and consecrated to minister as priest in his father’s place, shall make atonement, and put on the linen clothes, the holy garments.
Judges 20:26: Then all the children of Israel, that is, all the people, went up and came to the house of God and wept. They sat there before the Lord and fasted that day until evening; and they offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the Lord
Isaiah 58:6-11: “Is this not the fast that I have chosen: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, and that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; when you see the naked, that you cover him, and not hide yourself from your own flesh? Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’ “If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, if you extend your soul to the hungry and satisfy the afflicted soul, then your light shall dawn in the darkness, and your darkness shall be as the noonday. The LORD will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
Mark 11:23,24: For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
Luke 11:9-13: “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”
Acts 13:1-4: Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away. So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus
James 1:5-8: If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable his ways.
James 5:14,15: Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
- True Christians are not abashed to bow their heads in public schools, office cafeterias, and restaurants to pray before their meals:
1 Corinthians 10:31: Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
- True Christians wear proper attire that does not attract attention wherever they go because they are filled with the Holy Spirit and their desire is to glorify GOD.
- True Christian women pray, read, and listen to GOD’s WORD or go to church with (a head covering, scarf) their heads veiled as the Old and New Testaments women did and as the great Apostle Paul admonished in his Epistle, because of GOD and the Angels:
1 Corinthians 11:1,5,6,10: Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved. For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered. For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels:
Numbers 5:18: Then the priest shall stand the woman before the LORD, uncover the woman’s head, and put the offering for remembering in her hands, which is the grain offering of jealousy. And the priest shall have in his hand the bitter water that brings a curse.
- True Christian men do not cover, wear a cap/hat over their heads when they pray, read, or listen to GOD’s WORD:
1 Corinthians 11:4,7: Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.
- True Christian women, according to:
1 Timothy 2:9: In like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing.
1 Peter 3:3-6: Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel—rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands, as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror.
- True Christian women obey GOD’s Commandment through the great Apostle Paul to neither teach men nor “have authority over a man” in the church and at home:
1 Timothy 2:12-15: “And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.”
- True Christian women, however, may teach other women as Nancy Leigh DeMoss does with her ministry, Revive Our Hearts[xv], and as Beth Moore does with Living Proof Ministries (www.lproof.org)
- True Christian women may be involved with church and home Bible ministries for the young boys and girls, but the adult men must be taught by men:
1 Corinthians 14:34,35: “Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.”
- True Christians’ relationships with GOD are genuine, authentic, unadulterated, sincere, and indisputable in appreciation and love for GOD’s Grace.
- True Christians in the western world and other places pray to the Almighty Father for the freedom to serve Christ without restrictions. In addition, they especially pray for their brethren in other countries where such freedom is unavailable.
- True Christians must first know their Christian foundations and principles and must intercede in prayer when the governments and authorities enact laws that will hinder our faith in schools, institutions, communities, and businesses.
- True Christians are like farmers who are always praying to GOD to send rain on their crops and who expectantly prepare for the rain or spiritual blessings on their enterprises
- True Christians obey God’s commandment in:
Philippians 4:8: Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
- True Christians encourage others to worship and fellowship by regular attendance at church services, church activities, Sunday schools, and mid-week Bible studies, etc.:
Hebrews 10:23-25: Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
Acts 17:10-12: Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. Therefore many of them believed, and also not a few of the Greeks, prominent women as well as men.
Joshua 1:1-9: After the death of Moses the servant of the LORD, it came to pass that the LORD spoke to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ assistant, saying: “Moses My servant is dead.
Now therefore, arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, to the land which I am giving to them—the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the River Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your territory. No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.
Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
- True Christians watch and pray expectantly for the Secret Rapture and Second Return of our Savior Jesus Christ:
Matthew 25:13: Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.
Matthew 24:36-44: But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.
Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
Luke 21:7-28: So they asked Him, saying, “Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?” And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time has drawn near.’ Therefore do not go after them.
But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately.” Then He said to them, “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.
But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name’s sake. But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist.
You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience possess your souls. “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her.
For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people. And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.
- True Christians examine their lives by a daily holy living and are spiritually and physically prepared for the LORD’s Second Advent:
Deuteronomy 6:5-9: You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deuteronomy 7:12-15: “Then it shall come to pass, because you listen to these judgments, and keep and do them, that the LORD your God will keep with you the covenant and the mercy which He swore to your fathers. And He will love you and bless you and multiply you; He will also bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your land, your grain and your new wine and your oil, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flock, in the land of which He swore to your fathers to give you. You shall be blessed above all peoples; there shall not be a male or female barren among you or among your livestock. And the LORD will take away from you all sickness, and will afflict you with none of the terrible diseases of Egypt which you have known, but will lay them on all those who hate you.
Mark 13:32-36: “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning—lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping.
Revelation 3:14-21: “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, ‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
- True Christians do not celebrate Halloween, it’s costumes, or meal, as they glorify the devil and his demon followers.
- True Christians believe that Christmas is GOD’s Special Gift of His Beloved SON, our Blessed LORD and Savior Jesus Christ, and Christians must celebrate this fact everyday not only on December 25.
- True Christians do not commercialize Christmas in the same manner as the average person has made it.
- True Christians know that just as the Second Advent of our LORD is secret to them, there is a great reason why the Holy Scriptures did not reveal the actual birthday of our LORD Jesus.
- True Christians know from their Holy Bibles that in:
Deuteronomy 29:29: “The secret things belong to the LORD our GOD, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the WORDS of this law.”
- True Christians know that each day we wake up is Christmas–GOD’s Christmas gift to each of us through His Grace.
- True Christians know that Christmas is not the time to force ourselves into debt in order to purchase gifts for one another. Rather, it is one of the many seasons that we humble ourselves and give our souls as gifts unto our Creator and Almighty Father for His SON our Savior Jesus Christ that He gave us.
- True Christians have responsibilities to care for the poor all the time, not just during Christmas.
- True Christians who wish to recreate the humbling birth and manger dwelling of our LORD must, in turn, convert their own dwellings into a manger instead of displaying fancy lightings inside and outside their homes.
- True Christians understand that the carnal display of constant lightings in the sin city of Las Vegas, Nevada, United States, must not be allowed to be repeated in our homes and churches under the excuse of Christmas season.
- True Christians do not represent or have graven/sculptured image of our blessed LORD as a babe in a manger during Christmas or at any other time, because Christ did not remain a perpetual babe. Moreover, that graven/sculptured image is an abomination to GOD.
- True Christians have nothing to do with Christmas trees which people decorate with gifts and then throw in the trash every January.
- True Christians do not have anything to do with Santa Claus; it is a false Gospel.
- True Christians who listen to and sing Christmas songs/hymns which includes Santa Claus, reindeer, North Pole, etc., must realize that that is a false Gospel. GOD says you should not mix darkness with light.
- True Christians do not encourage the young or old to relive, recreate or dramatize the 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s worldly and ungodly celebrities, their music and movies, and fashions as a way to teach Christian principles. The Apostle Paul never encouraged Timothy, Titus or his followers to go back into his old sinful past:
1 Thessalonians 1:9: For they themselves declare concerning us what manner of entry we had to you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God.
1 Peter 1:14-16: As obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy your conduct, because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”
1 John 3:3: And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
- True Christians do not need to bring concealed weapons to protect congregations gathered to worship our Savior Christ, because our El Shaddai (Almighty GOD) is always our Jehovah-Raah (The LORD our Shepherd), Jehovah Nissi (The LORD our Banner), Jehovah Shammah (The LORD is There), and our Jehovah Jireh (The LORD will Provide) because Jehovah will always protect us:
Psalm 23: The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalm 91: He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.” Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you look, and see the reward of the wicked. Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone. You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot. “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.”
Psalm 121: I will lift up my eyes to the hills—from whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.
- True Christians know that hell is a reality for the devil, the beast, the false prophet, and anyone who lives in sin.
- True Christians rejoice in the fact that one angel from Heaven will be assigned to arrest the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the devil and satan:
Revelation 20:1-3: Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. And he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.
- True Christians have confidence in GOD’s Holy Revelation on the end of the devil:
Revelation 20:10: “the devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.” Amen.
GENUINE LOVE OF A TRUE CHRISTIAN
- True Christians are merciful to others because of the example from the SON of GOD.
- True Christians use their mouth to bless others but do not curse in obedience:
Matthew 5:44: But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.
- True Christians pray for the peace of Jerusalem and bless Israel as GOD’s chosen people:
Psalm 122:6,7: Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls, prosperity within your palaces.”
- True Christians know that because of GOD’s promise that “I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you,” they avoid any comments against Israel:
Genesis 12:3: I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
Numbers 24:9: ‘He bows down, he lies down as a lion; and as a lion, who shall rouse him?’ “Blessed is he who blesses you, and cursed is he who curses you.”
Numbers 22:12: And God said to Balaam, “You shall not go with them; you shall not curse the people, for they are blessed.”
- True Christians obey the LORD’s Commandment on anger and restrain themselves so GOD can be merciful unto them and answer their prayers:
Matthew 5:22,23: But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you.
- True Christians go the extra mile to do things for others:
Matthew 5:41: And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
- True Christians are ready to apologize to anyone they may have offended.
- True Christians love their enemies, bless those who curse them, do good to those who hate them, and pray for those who spitefully use them and persecute them.
- True Christians do not meet force with force because their Savior did not encourage revenge.
DISCIPLESHIP AND MINISTRY OF A TRUE CHRISTIAN
- True Christians shepherd the flock with loving care and minister with a servant leadership attitude:
Titus 3:1: Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work.
1 Peter 5:2,3: Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly. Nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.
- True Christians respect and honor the authority of their Pastors, Leaders, and Elders because they are representatives, ministers or men of GOD:
1 Timothy 4:6,12-16: If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed. Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership. Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all. Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
- True Christians prayerfully stand with the church, support the leadership, and encourage them in their ministerial duties.
- True Christians are eager to encourage in the faith and offer assistance to struggling or drifting brethren, and rejoice in the spiritual successes of others, but pray for them in their weaknesses: Galatians 6:1: Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
- True Christians remember patients in homes, institutions, and hospitals who need deliverances and healings from the devil’s oppression.
- True Christians reach out to their neighbors in Christian love and are helpful to everyone:
1 Corinthians 13:1-13: Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Luke 10:25-37: And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?” So he answered and said, “‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’” And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.” But he, wanting to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?” Then Jesus answered and said: “A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.’ So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?” And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.” Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”
Galatians 5:14: For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
- True Christians share the Truth of the Gospel of Grace and the Justification by Faith in the LORD Jesus Christ to the world through evangelism, or as the Holy Spirit leads them:
Matthew 28:19,20: Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Luke 24:46,47: Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day. And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Acts 2:38: Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 2:4-10: But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
- True Christians prayerfully remind one another of GOD’s warnings in:
1 Timothy 4:1,2: “Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron.”
- True Christians through the Holy Spirit’s wisdom in:
1 John 4:1: “Do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits on whether they are of GOD because many false prophets have gone out into the world.”
- True Christians know that because they are constantly at spiritual war against the world, the flesh, heart, and the devil, (what they see, hear, and feel emotionally), they must not allow daytime soap operas, worldly talk shows, social media, and unhelpful time wasters to steal their precious relationship with the LORD.
TITHING AND OFFERING OF A TRUE CHRISTIAN
- True Christians give freely and cheerfully of their time and experience to the church, the congregation and the poor.
- True Christians obey GOD’s tithing principle:
Deuteronomy 12:6: There you shall take your burnt offerings, your sacrifices, your tithes, the heave offerings of your hand, your vowed offerings, your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks.
Malachi 3:8-12: Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, ‘In what way have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,” says the LORD of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it. “And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, sSo that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,” says the LORD of hosts; “and all nations will call you blessed, for you will be a delightful land,” says the LORD of hosts.
2 Corinthians 8:1-7: Moreover, brethren, we make known to you the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia: that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded in the riches of their liberality. For I bear witness that according to their ability, yes, and beyond their ability, they were freely willing, imploring us with much urgency that we would receive the gift and the fellowship of the ministering to the saints. And not only as we had hoped, but they first gave themselves to the Lord, and then to us by the will of God. So we urged Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also complete this grace in you as well. But as you abound in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, diligence, and in your love for us—see that you abound in this grace also.
- True Christians, where they are especially blessed, give 25, 50, 75, or even 100% in their tithes from any money, goods, or gifts they receive instead of the basic 10%, knowing that what they give to the church is given to GOD, and He will bless them abundantly:
2 Corinthians 9:6-8: But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency things, may have an abundance for every good work.
- True Christians hide their charitable deeds and donations with no public display of their offerings, as commanded by our LORD:
Matthew 6:3,4: But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. That your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.
- True Christians do not play the lottery, lotto, or gamble with the expectation to be the winner through random prize drawing; they work hard to earn their wages:
Proverbs 13:4: The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.
Proverbs 20:4: The lazy man will not plow because of winter; he will beg during harvest and have nothing.
1 Thessalonians 4:11: That you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you.
2 Thessalonians 3:10-12: For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies. Now those who are such we command and exhort through our Lord Jesus Christ that they work in quietness and eat their own bread.
DAILY CHRISTIAN LIVING OF A TRUE CHRISTIAN
- True Christians consistently study their Holy Bibles daily in the morning, afternoon, evening, and at night. They begin reading from Genesis to Malachi, and in the morning, from Matthew to Revelation, systematically. Each time they pick up their Bibles, they seek the Holy Spirit’s enlightenment and understanding for what they are about to read, and thank GOD for the spiritual growth upon completion.
- True Christians demonstrate selfless acts (the death of the self life) in every aspect of their Christian lives in accordance with GOD’s WORD:
Romans 6:11: Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 12:1: I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
Matthew 16:24-27: Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works
- True Christians invoke the Mighty Name, the Shed Blood of the LORD Jesus Christ, and the WORD of GOD to resist the devil, his demons and evil spirits:
Mark 11:17,18: Then He taught, saying to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations’? But you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’” And the scribes and chief priests heard it and sought how they might destroy Him; for they feared Him, because all the people were astonished at His teaching.
Ephesians 6:10-18: Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.
James 4:7: Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
1 Peter 5:8,9: Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
- True Christians do not use words such as “luck” or “chance,” because they know that everything about them is controlled by the providential power of the Sovereign GOD:
Colossians 1:16,17: For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
- True Christians, by GOD’s Grace and through the Power of the Holy Spirit live GODLY, consistent, and blameless lives before the world as spiritual examples to avoid the sins of the lusts of the flesh, of the eyes, and the pride of life:
1 John 2:16: For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.
- True Christians who walk in the Holy Spirit are able to overcome the glamor of worldliness, lukewarmness, social media advertisements, false prophets, prosperity teachers, apostasy, adultery, fornication, hatred, lying, backbiting, watching immoral videos, tattooing, body piercing, etc., which GOD’s WORD prohibits:
1 Corinthians 6:9-11: Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit.
Galatians 5:16-21: I say then: walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Ephesians 5:1-7: Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them.
2 Timothy 3:1-5: But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
Revelation 3:15-17: “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot,I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked.
Revelation 21:8: But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
- True Christians know that the moral law is summarily comprehended in the Ten Commandments:
Exodus 20:1-17: And God spoke all these words, saying: 2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 “You shall have no other gods before Me. 4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. 7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. 8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. 12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you. 13 “You shall not murder. 14 “You shall not commit adultery.15 “You shall not steal. 16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. 17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
- True Christians know that GOD’s summary of the Ten Commandments is to love the LORD our GOD with all our heart, with all our soul, with all our strength, and with all our mind, and our neighbor as ourselves:
Luke 10:27: So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.
- True Christians are not ashamed to “confess their trespasses to one another, and pray for one another:
James 5:16: Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
- True Christians do their protests about the ills of society on their knees in prayer, as Prophet Daniel did, not on picket lines:
Daniel 6:10: Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days.
Philippians 4:6,7: Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Matthew 6:25: Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing”?
Isaiah 26:3: You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.
Luke 12:22-31: Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? 25 And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?
- True Christians know that prayer is an offering up of our desires unto GOD for things agreeable to His will, in the name of Christ, with confession of our sins, and thankful acknowledgment of His mercies.
~ ~ ~ ~
First Century Gospel Church is always glad to give Scriptural advice and counsel to those who desire to write or call us about their problems, and to remember their requests for prayers in our services to the Almighty GOD’s Throne of Grace.
~ ~ ~ ~
[i] From the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts on the Center for Reformed Theology and Apologetics’ (CRTA) website:http://www.reformed.org/documents/wlc_w_proofs/index.html?mainframe=/documents/wlc_w_proofs/index_wlc_fs.html&main=/documents/wlc_w_proofs/WLC_Intro.html
[xiv] From the Westminster Larger Catechism with Proof Texts on the Center for Reformed Theology and Apologetics’ (CRTA) website: http://www.reformed.org/documents/wlc_w_proofs/index.html?mainframe=/documents/wlc_w_proofs/index_wlc_fs.html&main=/documents/wlc_w_proofs/WLC_Intro.html
[xv] Revive Our Hearts, https://www.reviveourhearts.com/, an outreach of Life Action Ministries and the True Woman Movement, calling women to true biblical womanhood and freedom, fullness, and fruitfulness in Christ