Mission Statement – First Century Gospel Church
In humble obedience to our LORD Jesus Christ, members of First Century Gospel Church jointly declare, through God’s Holy Spirit’s Power, to comply with these Mission Statements based upon the following Scripture references: Deuteronomy 11:13-15; Colossians 3:12-17; 1st Peter 4:8-10, to:
- Believe in, adhere to, trust in and rely on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ by faith spiritually, physically, and materially (Acts 16:31; Matthew 5:38-48; Matthew 6:11; 6:25-34; Malachi 3:10; Isaiah 53:4-6; Ephesians 6:10-18).
- Die to self in every aspect of our Christian life in accordance to God’s Word (Romans 6:11; 12:1; Matthew 16:24-27; John 12:25-26).
- Love and pray for one another in all churches upon the saved and unsaved; pastors and leaders; the control of governments/politicians, schools, institutions, businesses; and healing to hospitals and homes. Reach out to our neighbors and be helpful to everyone (1st Corinthians 13:1-13; Luke 10:25-37; John 15:9-14; Galatians 5:14).
- Share the Truth of the Gospel of Grace and Justification by Faith in the LORD Jesus Christ to the world through evangelism and discipleship when the Holy Spirit gives us the opportunity. To share the Gospel of the Grace and Love of God, of believing on the LORD Jesus Christ, and the need for genuine repentance, regeneration of the Holy Spirit, baptism and salvation in Christ. (Matthew 28:19-20; Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; Romans 3:24; Ephesians 2:4-10).
- Walk and live habitually under control of the Holy Spirit in order to avoid the sins and lusts of the flesh: easy-believeism, worldliness, lukewarm attitude, obsession with social media, false prophets and teachers, apostasy, adultery, fornication, hatred, resentment, lying, backbiting, watching immoral videos, drinking beer and alcohol, smoking, etc. (Ephesians 5:1-7; 4-25;32; Galatians 5:16-21; Revelation 3:15-17; 2nd Timothy 3:1-5; 2nd Peter 2”1-3; Revelation 21:8; 1st Corinthians 6:9-11).
- Bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit: of love, peace, longsuffering, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, forgiving one another, etc. (Proverbs 10:12; Mark 11:25-26; Matthew 18:21-35; Romans 12:19-21; Galatians 5:22‑26; Philippians 4:6-7).
- Encourage one another to worship and fellowship by regular attendance at church services, church activities, Sunday schools, and Bible studies (Hebrews 10:23-25; Acts 17:10-12; Joshua 1:1-9).
- Watch and pray expectantly for the Secret Rapture and Second Return of our Savior Jesus Christ (Matthew 25:13; 24:36-44; Luke 21:7-28; Revelation 3:14-21). True believers need to examine their lives by daily holy living, and be prepared for the LORD’s return. (Deuteronomy 6:5-9; 7:12-15) Amen. Even so, come LORD Jesus!